Wednesday, August 14, 2013

So far so good!

I apologize for not posting. I was afraid I'd lose my readers post BFP. Things have been going ok so far since the BFP. My betas doubled normally. It was really stressful going every other day for a week and a half. When the nurse would call, I would hold my breath! After years of trying and a miscarriage in between, I was on edge! So far things are progressing normally. My 6 week ultrasound showed a baby with a heartbeat of 121. I couldn't see anything but I will take the docs word on it. I did however hear it.

I am cautiously optimistic! My TSH was 1.01 today and my free T4 and T3 was high. According to my endocrinologist, that is normal and perfect for pregnancy. Since I have PCOS with insulin resistance, my endocrinologist wants me to take this 4 hour diabetes class. As preventative measures! That would be great but my insurance doesn't cover preventative anything. It doesn't matter if I am at a greater risk for gestational diabetes. They will pay when some diseases arise but prevention? Which to me, would it not be cost effective to stop a disease before it starts? But that is not what the US gov./ money making insurance companies believes in. You know to stop something before it is a clutter fuck! But this blog is not about politics. My husband just told me to find out the cost before going and we will go from there. I just hope it is not $100/ hour. Yikes! I am sure my RE bill will be in the thousands. I am not looking forward to that one! I am sure the day I am released, I will I get the bill.

Over the past couple months I have had so many blood draws, I am worried people might think I am a heroin addict. Not complaining! You won't hear one complaint out of me. As long as everything goes good, I don't care. 

This pregnancy feels different! I have more symptoms and the only cramping I have is on the left side where the corpus luteum cyst is. I was instructed to take it easy based on the cramping but was reassured that they are common and resolve on their own after the first trimester when the placenta takes over. I sadly still hide news feeds on Facebook regarding pregnancy and new born babies. Just in case you know! But as of right now, so far so good. I go for my next ultrasound 8/23. Fingers and toes crossed for something good. And thank you for still reading!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment