Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Timed Sex is So Sexy!

What's not sexy about timed intercourse?Well, round 2 of clomid. The doctor still maintains timed intercourse CD 10 to CD 22 every other day. My husband was exacerbated by this schedule at first. We work opposite shifts and see each other a couple hours a day. Planning to include sex in a hectic schedule can leave you questioning how? So, on our calendar I circled the dates that the doctor prescribed. I told my husband what the circles mean since I can't put sex or fucking days on the calendar for all to see. The calendar this year was sent to us from a local church so, I already feel dirty for using it in such a manner.  It has bible verses on each month to make matters worse. But, I figure for the religious... Be fruitful and multiply is in the bible but I know they tend to frown on reproducing using medical interventions. Thank God I am not that religious LOL! Oh infertility, you continue to be ironic!

I try keeping the spice in the medically prescribed intercourse plan! But, it is very difficult at times. My husband sleeps late for his late night shifts. I walk in trying to wake him up in a sexy manner but it never seems hot. I come home and try to figure enough time to wake him, have procreation sex, make dinner, and he still has enough time to shower, shave, and leave for work.   So, now I resort to "It is CD 10, 12, 14, etc. you know what that means?!" as I shake him awake. I grab the preseed since clomid can leave you... a little dry! My husband was discouraged by the thought of all this but I reassured him it is the medication not him.

Infertility is so exhausting and I often get pissed that we have to plan and prep to attempt to have a baby. We can't be that couple that said... "It was such a surprise, we weren't even trying!" Fuck no! We have to have timed intercourse that seems like a means to end than spontaneous and loving. Sex is not fun or intimate anymore. It is clinical. Doctors tell us when to do it. I keep log of it to show doctors. I laugh at a time that I enjoyed sex. Now, I just have to pencil it in. They say not to let sex get like this. But how do you keep it fun and romantic when you battle infertility? How do you time sex and yet make it seem spontaneous? I have yet to find the answer to that. For now, I will just get drawn into romance novels looking for clues. Oh Timed sex, you are so sexy!      

2 comments:

  1. I would love to have the answer to that too! We are in the every other cycle right now too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck to you Mindy! Yes, Doctors just tell you to "do it" without any hand outs on how to make it not clinical.

    ReplyDelete